- The City of Orange Township Mayor's Office provides the leadership, support, and resources to enable City Departments to provide services in a high quality, cost efficient, timely manner to residents.
- Appointing the Business Administrator and all other Department Heads, with the advice and consent of the Council,
- Supervising all departments under written delegation to the Business Administrator,
- Requiring all Departments to present annual reports of all the work performed,
- Appointing the members of board and commissions as authorized by ordinance, general law and any other officers or employees whose manner of appointment is not otherwise specified in a Charter or ordinance,
- Submitting an annual municipal operating budget to the Council,
- Making recommendations deemed in the public's best interest to Council for action,
- Providing an annual report to the public and Council on the accomplishments of the previous year and the anticipated goals and objectives for the current year,
- Approving all Council ordinances and allowing them to take effect with his approval or exercising his right to veto,
- Attending all Council meetings and conferences while taking part in discussions, and Casting the deciding vote in case of a tie on the question of filling a vacancy in the Council.
Mayor Warren received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and his Juris Doctor Degree from Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, NJ. He earned the Certificate in Municipal Finances-Raising and Spending Money by Municipalities from the Center for Government Services Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy of Rutgers University (topics included: Municipal Budgets, Bonding, Property Tax Assessments, Tax Lien Enforcement and Public Contracts Law). He also completed advanced training at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Mayor Warren is certified by the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts as a Mediator for the Superior Court of New Jersey Special Civil Part.
Upon receiving his Juris Doctor, Mayor Warren was awarded a Judicial Clerkship with the Superior Court Judge Kenith D. Bloom. Thereafter, he served as a Prosecutor with the Essex County Prosecutor's Office and became an Associate with a private law firm where he received extensive experience. He later became a partner with the law firm of Warren & Tosi, P.C. where his practice focused on representing non-profit organizations and public sector clients in providing legal advice and counsel to governing boards of public entities such as towns municipalities, counties and boards.
Mayor Warren has been married to Dr Karma Warren for over 14 years and are the proud parents of Dwayne Jr and Nia Simone. The Warrens are active members of Clear View Baptist Church, NAACP, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.